Introducing our Professional Property Valuation Service in Cape Town
We’ve partnered with JLL to offer first class Property Valuation Services
We are proud to announce that Baker Street Properties will now be offering class leading Professional Property Valuation Services in Cape Town, in association with our international partner JLL. The real estate giant’s head of Valuations for South Africa, Jurgen Karg and Kim Pfaff, have relocated to Cape Town from Johannesburg. Working from our Cape Town offices, Karg and Pfaff, along with the rest of the dynamic valuations team based in Johannesburg, will represent both JLL and Baker Street Properties in providing superior property valuation services across South Africa.
About our formal association with JLL
Back in 2012, Baker Street Properties became formally associated with the international real estate firm JLL, headquartered in Chicago (IL) and listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). We have since exclusively represented JLL’s clients with their commercial property requirements in Cape Town, having serviced prestigious companies to the likes of EXL, UBS, Smith & Nephew, Deutsche Bank, Mastercard and Procter & Gamble. According to Dave Russell (the director at Baker Street Properties responsible for handling the association with JLL), welcoming JLL’s top valuers to our offices has “strengthened our relationship with JLL even further, and will enable us to continue to offer our discerning investors superior local property expertise combined with top class international resources.”
How our clients will benefit:
The experience of the JLL Valuations team spans the commercial, industrial, leisure, residential and retail sector. We provide a professional valuation process in accordance with internationally recognised standards including the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), International Valuations Standards Committee (IVSC) and the South African Council for the Property Valuers Profession SACPVP) accreditation. Unique benefits include:
- Sound research and precise insights resulting in holistic advice and better decision-making.
- Objectivity and an inspired outlook which examines assets in detail and/or ways of enhancing value.
- Clear identification of risk associated with specific assets.
- Global connections which drive results and add value to the relationships we grow.
Our services include:
Market focused valuations:
- Portfolio valuations for institutional property investors, property companies and corporate organisations.
- Secured lending and securitisation related valuations.
- Due diligence and purchase support.
- Investment and development advice.
- International valuations providing coverage of all property classes.
We also provide valuation advice on:
- Balance sheet reporting to ensure an accurate representation of book value Valuations for listing – in accordance with the JSE Section 13 requirements.
- Hotel and hospitality asset valuation – single asset or portfolio valuations.
- Bank lending, acquisition and divestment – suitability for loan security and lending criteria.
- Specialist valuations of properties – for trading potential assessment.
- Highest and best-use analysis – to maximise the return on your asset/land.
- Development feasibilities – to calculate key investment performance indicators.
- Valuation of development assets – from single development plots to master planned city projects.
- Due diligence support – to minimise risk and understand future performance.
Author: Francois Kriel